Our Design & Development Department performs :
- Design for manufacturing / upgrade / repair for metal structures and various equipments of the drilling rigs and intervention rigs (masts, derricks, substructures, platforms, racks, tubing supports, swivels, travelling blocks, winches, crown blocks, rotary tables , mechanical and hydraulic transmissions etc);
- Design for manufacturing / upgrade / repair / modification of process units in the production or transport of natural gas (pipelines, insulation / protection, brackets, fittings etc.)
- Design for manufacturing / repair of welded tanks for oil products;
- Design and strength calculations for pipelines and equipment for refineries and petrochemical industry, skids and pipelines for transporting oil products and natural gas;
- Detailed analysis of aboveground and buried pipeline systems (checking configuration pipeline route, condition of pipeline supports, verification of compliance with allowable load limits for equipment connections etc., in accordance with European /American Standards and Codes and for pipes and vessels under pressure);
- Finite element analysis of structures, piping systems, tanks etc;
- Development of methods and programs for verification behavior of gas pipelines in case of earthquake;
- Vibration analysis of dynamic equipment.
In the design / development we use as references recognized industry standards such as:
- API Specifications and Recommended Practices: API 4F, API 8C, API 7K, API Std 620, API Std 650, API Std 653, APIRP 1111 etc ;.
- ASME Code: ASME B31.3 , ASME B 31.4 etc;
- National Regulations in force: NT 1220/2006 -Technical rules for design and execution of the upstream pipelines for natural gas transport, ISCIR - PT 6, PT C10, P100 - Seismic Design Code etc.
- European Directives and harmonized standards: Directive 2006/42 / EC Machinery ; 97/23 / EC Pressure Equipment, Eurocode 1 (SR EN 1991 - including the implementing rules for Romania), Eurocode 8 - design of structures to earthquake (SR EN 1998 - including the implementing rules for Romania), SR EN 13445, EN 13480 SR, SR EN 12516 etc;
The design / development processes are conducted in accordance with the requirements specified in ISO 9001 and API Q1. Through the activities of analysis, verification and validation of design we ensure compliance with the designed requirements as agreed with the customer.